RE: Is it worth it.... Converting Pre-Bose -> Bose

My 97 GLX came with the 8 speaker, 6 disc CD changer Bose system.  (The
10 speaker system has a couple very small tweeters right above the door
handle on the rear doors.)  I did not have the opportunity to convert
from a "pre-bose" to the Bose system, but I can tell you that I have not
heard a finer sound system in any car.

You can hear the highs, mids and deep lows clearly.  It produces a
tight, accurate sound that is nothing short of incredible.  One thing I
also learned is that is has a bass correcting system that enhances the
low end of music on a graduated scale as you decrease the volume.  This
helps the ear to hear the same full range of music at differing volume
levels.  The only thing you notice is how good the music sounds at any
volume.

Honestly, I feel lucky to have had such a nice system installed from the
factory.  Car audio upgrades have been a favorite pastime of mine - with
this system, I won't have to improve anything.

Long story short:  DEFINITELY DO THE UPGRADE.