Extended warranty?

Hey Guys, I just got mail from VW, advertising their extended warranty
service.  I just wanted to know what everyone thinks about this program.
Should I spend the extra money now and be protected down the road.  They are
advertising either a 5 year plan or a 7 year plan.  Each time the car would
have to go in for service, I would have to pay $25.  Should I do it or not?
I am also thinking about putting after-market parts on the car.  For
example, once I have enough money I would like to put a new suspension kit
in.  Also I would like to put in a new exhaust, plus a short throw shifter
and a chip.  That's why I am not sure if it would really pay to get the
extended warranty because some of the parts that I will have on the car will
not be covered.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks