Re: New VW slogan: "Are you ready to put up with it?"

> BUT, I hate the fact that it breaks down and
> repairs cost a fortune.  Maybe not yours (yet), but on the
>average,  it does...

>Anecdotal evidence is not sufficient to support such a claim.
>What is your proof of this?

Are you serious?  What are you, a mathematician, an attorney?
If it does not fit, acquit!   ;-)

Come on, this is not a scientific forum, just a place to share
experiences, opinions, and positive as well as *sometimes*
negative aspects of GLX ownership.

BTW, if it's only "Anecdotal evidence" as you call it, how come I
never hear "Anecdotal evidence" about VW (except for the old
VW bug) being very reliable and cheap to repair?

Proof?  How 'bout that $1,800 bill I have to pay today?  Or maybe
that $285 bill from about a month ago?  No scientific poll
required there...   All on the vehicle that is two years old!   How
about experience my friends Lynn (Jetta), Chris (Passat) and
Linda (Golf) had with their VW's in the last 10 years?

It's a love-hate relationship with VW.  I loved my GLX for the first
43,000 miles (although the power door locks failed, CD changer
had to be replaced three times, engine light came on with no
apparent reason several times, etc. etc, but it was all fixed under
warranty).  I still love it, I just do not trust it anymore.

Vojin