Subject: Oil changes on 97 Jetta GLX
Author:  Non-HP-warren.gleich (warren.gleich@marcam.com) at HP-Boise,mimegw122
Date:    6/1/98 7:23 AM

Hey folks,

I just did my first non-dealer oil changes (free service time is over) and
encountered a documentation issue.  The owners manual states 5.3 qt.
with filter change.  Well, at 5.3 qt, the dip stick still says a qt. low.  I
let it
sit over night and checked it again and then added a qt.  Everything is
fine.  So double check whenever someone does an oil change.  If they
don't check the stick it coul be low.  Interesting thing is my 94 Passat GLX
states 6.3 with an oil change.  Be careful.

Also, someone mentioned change interval for a new GLX for first at 1500 miles.
Don't do it.  Follow the manual for the first couple of oil changes and use
regular dino juice until at least 15k.  Just my opinion but my 94 Passat GLX
has 150k miles with no oil usage.

Enjoy,

Warren