Re: Upgrading Bose System

KHofm33399@aol.com wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I have been trying to figure out how I can upgrade the Bose system in my 98
> GLX and I wondered if anyone else has found a way.
>
> I would like to keep it totally stock except to work some more bass in to it.
> I would like to add an amp, but this is not necessary if the Bose amp in the
> trunk will push a little more.  I have a pair of 8" Bazooka Tubes that are
> wasting away in a closet.
>
> Has anyone done any modifications?  I would greatly appreciate any tips.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kenny
> KHofm33399@aol.com
Alpine (and I am sure others) make an amplifier designed specifically
for this purpose.  It has a buit in high to low level converter.
Basically, you tap the rear speaker outputs and this gets the signal to
the amp.  Add subs as needed.  The only draw back I have seen, is that
it does decrease the boltage going to the rears, only slighlty.  With
the extra subs, you never notice.  Nice way to go is you want to keep
the stock system.