M3's

Speaking of M3s,

On my way to my new house I took the "old highway" and much to my surprise
sitting outside of a rather small body shop was a Dark Silver E30 M3.  It
looked very stock but the grill and bumper were half on, I thought in
process of repair.  I drive by a few days later and the rear glass was out
and there has been some bodywork done.  I pulled a u turn and pulled up
around the front of the car and see a monster intercooler where the bumper
was.  The hood is off and that thing has a nice turbo setup.  WTF?  This
shop is 2 miles outside of a town with 1,500 people.  I must make time to
bullshit (go for a ride) with this guy. ;)  The car has been inside for
almost a week and a half now, maybe it will come out bright ass yellow. I
guess it is something to look forward to in this rather primitive village

_________________________________
>Subject: Re: NEW Car} What should I buy ?
>Author:  "Michael & Carmen Keith" <mikeandcarmen@pdq.net> at ESD
>Date:    7/30/98 7:55 AM
>

>I'm not sure if you have to have a brand new car or how old of a car you'd
>be willing to buy assuming you'd go for a used car, but an E30 (old body
>style) M3 is an absolute blast to drive.  They're also quite affordable now,
>they're unique, & there are plenty of mods available.  Also, many of these
>cars have been meticulously maintained by their owners.  If it has to be
>new, I'd also cast my vote for the Audi A4.  Another interesting choice (no
>flames please; I know most of you probably hate muscle cars) would be a 6
>speed Camaro Z28 if you can deal with the styling among other things.
>They're every bit as fun to drive as they are ugly, & they offer the most
>speed per dollar that you can get in a bone stock, brand new vehicle.  Also,
>although the valve train is push rod, it will make power up to 6000 rpm.  It
>doesn't run out of steam at 4500 like many push rod engines.  Additionally,
>although it has a live rear axle, the handling is actually quite well
>balanced.
>
>I'm ready to duck!
>
>Michael Keith
>Pasadena, TX