O' Happy Day

Everyone has listened to my continous woeful tale
of my GLX running hot here in the cool climate of
Dallas, so I would like to update everyone and maybe
provide some information to others.

Took the GLX in for her 10K checkup and discussed with
the service advisor my concern that the auxiliary coolant
pump appears to be inoperative.  To make a long story
short, it seems that my fan control module went TU and
both the pump and the fan high speed (level 3) were not
working.  The water temp hasn't gone beyond vertical now
for two days even in stop-and-go 103F traffic.  I can also
hear the fan blowing big time when the AC is on.  Never
noticed that before.

I thought the auxiliary coolant pump only operated after
the car was shut off.  What purpose would this serve when
the mechanical water pump is pushing water like crazy? I
don't care, my car is now running perfectly normal, and
even the oil temps have somewhat decreased.

BTW, the service department used my Mobil 1, and didn't
charge VWOA on the invoice for oil.  They did, on the
other hand, say they rotated the tires, but all they did
was Armor-all them, life is not perfect.

Later gang,

Bill Schleusner 97GLX "cool running edition"
K&N (modded airbox), oil cooler, Garret v.06, no DRLs,
VR6 badgeless, tinted (of course), Candy White, Biber,
waiting for the GAs to expire, CD changer,
and the almighty A/T. (Save your smartass comments)