tucked???

Does anyone have/know of anyone with 17x8 wheels on a jetta the are tucked under the fenders?? if so, what type of fenders are they running??  I am looking to do some body work
on my vr6, and want to find a fender set up that will tuck my front wheels......
I have completely cut out all the inside of my current stock fenders, but the car still rubs a little...I am not to fond of a fiberglass wide body kit...if they sell one in steel, let me know...
someone told me that a Euro front fender would work..is this true?
geo
97 glx