Re: Clutch Spring

Patrick,
I just got back from a great road trip from San Francisco to Ashland,
Oregon.  On this trip, my clutch spring started making a squeek on the
press and a little on the rebound.  A short history.

At 1,500 miles it would gring going into reverse only when cold.  After
exlaining this to the dealer (they of course could not duplicate 'cause
the car was warm when it showed up at their shop...) they decided to
bleed the system - just in case.  Anyway, they accidentally fixed the
problem as they said nothing was detected, yet the problem was cured.
The point?  When pulling out of the garage, the clutch was making a big
squeek - turns out the pedal return spring had slipped out of place.
The mechanic said that had nevered happened before!  (sound familiar?)
On the road trip I mentioned, this sound started coming back.  Since the
GLX is at 21k miles, I'm sure the dealer will have no problem fixing the
return spring again....

Ok, I'm rambling....

Chris
'97 Windsor - upper strut tie,
"neuspeed-lowering-springs-in-the-garage-waiting-for-$$$-to-get-the-bilsteins"
mod