Re: ABS light coming on

I don't know about the sensors in Jettas, but my '82 Mercedes 240D has a
light that comes on on the dash, in addition to the squealing little metal
tabs.  The problem is that the sensor for the light isn't very accurate.  The
light came on last summer so I checked the Haynes manual & measured the pads,
they were still twice as thick as the minimum thickness listed in the Haynes
manual. I decided to leave them alone & I’ve been driving with them the way
they are with no problems except the annoying light since last summer.  I
just make sure to check them occasionally.  I know this isn't a Jetta but I
hope it is helpful.

Philip

--
Philip Mueller                                                  _
mailto:Mueller2@acad.wit.edu                                 ()/