That cyclops light

Allo. Got a strange question for you all ... more like trivia.
   At some point along the line, Volkswagon decided to use LEDs
in their cyclops lights. Somewhere a tad farther down the line,
they decided not to.
   Anybody know what years of Jettas have the LEDs and which
have the incandescant bulbs? Mine, a '95, has LEDs. I see more
with incandescants than with LEDs. Kind of odd.
   Incandescants burn out - they're fairly fragile. They're
almost always a pain in the ass to replace. I had a '93 Grand
Am SE (Quad4 16-valve SOHC - a very peppy 4cyl) in which one
of the bulbs in the cyclops light went. The little box where
these reside is up in the centre at the top of the window, as
on the Jetta. Well, the damned cover is only held on by that
crap we all hate - Stickum. Goey crap. Styrofoam tape, basic-
ally. You know how it is. And only a little of it, so that
when I replaced that one bulb, the whole thing kind of hung
forever after, swaying up and down with each bump in the road.
   LEDs, on the other hand, last just about forever. Why the
switch back to incandescants? And when?
   Just an odd thought.
-Tom, who is glad to have LEDs in his cyclops light.

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/
.     .     .  q u e   h a y   s i n   m i   a m o r ? .     .     .