Re: Air-screen removal

Frank,

     What year / model do you have?  This isn't the first time someone
has said that his air screen isn't held in by screws.  Either you guys
aren't looking at the right piece or VW changed the design recently.  My
'94 was held in by 2 Phillips screws.  Are you looking at the bottom of
the airbox (under the element) toward the front of the box?

Eric Wang
1994 Black Vento VR6 -- Eibach Pro-Kit, Remus cat-back exhaust, Autotech
Q-Chip, K&N drop-in filter

P.S. I can't understand why anyone calls it the "snow-screen."  It's
primary purpose is to act as a "pre-filter" (that's what European Car
actually calls it).