RE: Water!?!

Something I picked up from the GTI list--there is an A/C drain plug that,
when opened, will allow the water from the A/C system to drain out. I think
there is a compartment somewhere around the car floor that holds 5-7 gallons
of water before overflowing into the car, and the plug must be pulled (part
of dealer prep?) to allow for proper drainage. The location of this
mysterious plug? Well, if you take a look at the engine compartment (facing
the rear of the engine bay), you will notice a firewall. Look carefully at
the lower portion of the firewall, and you'll notice three punch-outs. Open
up the middle punch-out (the one right above the exhaust), and pull the
plug. A LOT of water should drain out.

My plug was already opened, so I've never had the problem of flooding. And
even if doesn't solve your problem, all VR6 owners should at least have this
plug checked out, as more than a few owners have had this problem. It only
takes a couple of minutes.

Hope this helps,
Kevin