Floor Mats and Front End Covers...

Hey All,

I've responded to a couple of people's postings, and chatted with a few
others, but I've never introduced myself.  My name is Kenny and I live in
Athens, Georgia.  I just recently acquired my 6th VW, a '98 Jetta GLX, Silver
with black leather with the Bose System and no CD Changer.  Prior, I had 3
air-cooled VW's and a '92 8V Golf GTI and a '95 Jetta GLX both in White.  I
traded in my last GLX in Nov. 96 when the A/C Compressor started going bad out
of warranty and I found out it would cost $1300.00 to fix.  I went through a
strange car owner phase including a Ford Ranger and an 88 300ZX.  Point
being......I was confused, but I'm back now.  I'm glad to see this list formed
for the masochistic VW owners to keep in touch.

I have 2 questions for you guys:
Has anyone had any experience with after-market floor mats?  I was told New
Dimensions had good one's, but not cheap.  I know that the factory one's wear
out pretty fast.
Also, I would like to get a front cover for traveling and such since I have
already picked up a rock chip on the hood.  Has anyone bought one besides the
factory bra?  Prices?  Quality?  I know the factory covers tends to flap at
highway speeds.

Sorry for the long intro, but since I am gonna be buried in this car for a
long time, I figure we may all be chatting a lot.  If anyone on the list lives
near Athens/Atlanta, Georgia, let me know.  There are some others in this
area, maybe we can get together sometime.  Thanks

Kenny
KHofm33399@aol.com