Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V2 #189

> Subject: More Jetta GLX CD changer questions

<SNIP>

> PANASONIC CXDP801 $195.00
> 8 Disc Changer

Careful with the 801; one shop I visited had a buttload of them that
they were gonna send back to Panasonic because they WEREN'T ACTUALLY
CONTROLLED BY THE PANASONIC HEAD UNIT. (Sorry, just had to shout.)

<SNIP>

> Anyway, I know there is a special cable needed (VWPAN something), and
> I'm wondering where I should pick that up.  NetMarket doesn't have a lot
> of materials on adapters and such, and there isn't anything mentioned
> on Crutchfield's site.  Is it something I can just pick up at Circuit
> City, or does it need to be ordered from a specialty place?

I dunno about Circuit City et al, but decent install shops seem to have
it.

> I'm also curious about the actual install procedure, do I need to drill
> or not?

No drilling req'd.

Bruce Stapley
98 Black cloth on Black