For those of you interested in more info. about Treffen this year,
you can find out more on the official web page at
http://www.chicagovw.org - basic details -

Sunday, August 2, 1998
Oakton Community College, Des Plaines, Illinois just west of Chicago
and north of O'Hare International Airport.
Activities this year will include the car show with a "drive-in"
atmosphere, a swap meet for all of your used and unused VW
equipment, a car sale area and a Vendor Alley where VW and automotive
retailers and vendors will have tents set up to sell exactly what you
need for your VW. Pre-registration will be crucial to reserve a
spot in this awesome event. This event will run rain or shine.

Plans to drive down are set for Saturday afternoon Aug. 1st, with
the stay at the official Treffen host hotel (The Radisson Hotel in
Northbrook, will be offering a large block of hotel rooms to Treffen
attendees. The costs are $69 for BOTH single and double rooms. This
is a tremendous price break over normal room rates. These rates will
only be available if you reserve a space with the Radisson before
July 17th, 1998. Any reservation after the cutoff date, will be
subject to availability and regular room rates. Please mention the
Chicago Volkswagen Organization's Treffen when reserving your
rooms. 847.298.2525).

I will also arrange another caravan to meet somewhere for Sunday
departure, also depending on where people are coming from, however I
will not be in that one personally. Times will be set at a later date
depending on where everyone is coming from and how long it will take
to get to an area along the Treffen Trail we are driving. First major
meeting point will be Madison, WI.

Please email me if you would like to be included in the trip, please
email me at michelle@newdimensions.com (or mmk@gte.net).

Thanks!
Michelle Krajewski
New Dimensions