Panasonic CD Changer

Well, I finally got my Panasonic changer (CX-DP601EUC), and just
installed it in the car.  I still don't have the adapter cable
(everyone seems to be backordered, or out of stock, and PIE doesn't
seem to like to sell to end users), so I can't plug it in yet :(

I was curious, however... the cable that came with the changer has
a 13-pin DIN connector on one end, which plugs into the changer.  On
the other end is an 8-pin DIN, 2 RCA plugs, and a lead that is supposed
to be wired to unswitched +12VDC.  The DIN-8 is identical to the one
in the back of the car already... does anyone know if the pinouts are
the same?  Does the back of the "Panasonic" radio have a DIN-8?

If the pinouts are the same, I could wire the adapter myself... but
the +12VDC confuses me... it doesn't seem to be present on the pre-wired
connecter.  Is it necessary for the operation of the changer?  There
is +5VDC on the pre-wired connector.

Please CC me on replies - I'm on the digest list, so I may not see them
for a while.

Thanks!

- --
     /// Stefan Hudson <hudson@mbay.net>
__  /// Senior Network Administrator - Monterey Bay Internet
\\\/// http://www.mbay.net/  -  Email: info@mbay.net
 \XX/ Voice: 408-642-6100  Fax: 408-642-6101  Modem: 408-642-6102