Premature leather wear?

My dad's Jetta GLX with tan leather is beginning to show some
discoloration and other wear on the outside bolsters on the driver's
side.  Ordinarily, I would say that this is normal wear, but this car
does not even have 10000mi on it.  My GLX, on the other hand, has more
than 15000mi on it (but with the black leather) and does not show a hint
of wear -- despite being driven by a considerably...umm...bigger person.

Both of these get the same treatment of Lexol fairly often.  So, what
are the chances of getting the dealer to replace the seat in his car?
It IS still under the 24000 warranty, but how much does anyone think
they will try to chalk this up to normal wear?

thanks for any help
- -erik