Re: VW Toys

In a message dated 98-01-20 16:05:29 EST, newton@pmc-sierra.bc.ca writes:

<< Anyone familiar with herpa or Wiking VW models?  I'm curious about the
 quality.  They are plastic and are 1/87 scale.

 I haven't been able to find good dicast metal models.  Anyone know
 if these are available somewhere.

 Specifically looking for Vento GT/Jetta GLX

Check any good hobby shop that specializes in European model trains (Marklin,
Fleishmann, etc.). They will either have or be able to order any current
Wiking.

BTW,1/87 is HO scale. You should also check HERPA models. Same scale. Both
have excellent detail. I recently got a BMW 318Ti- black w/ yellow interior
BBS style wheels- wonderful detail, excellent finish, crystal clear windows.
You have to wonder how they can make these and sell them for a profit at $8 to
$15 each.

I have Herpa's GTI, Split Window Bug,  Wiking's Big Bumper GTI and Hebmuller
Cabrio as well as a dozen different Porsches including the Boxster, various
Fords, Ferrari's and about 70 others.

A mail order source is EWA in New Jersey- check out their web site.

Mike Torio