No Subject

Definately radiant heat from the engine here.

Cheers,

Jeff

> I have noticed this since I got mine a few months ago. There is now
a little over 10K on the odometer.
> I have a feeling that, if you are not moving, warm air from the
engine compartment/exhaust system may influence the reading, but a
reading after you have been going steady down the road for a while
should be more accurate.  It doesn't hold up regarding the Jetta,
however.  There is always somewhere between 5 and 10 degrees
difference between the car's reading and the local banks.  The current
weather when I check the car gauge gives me the feeling  that the temp
the banks show are probably the correct one as well.
> By the way, wind chill only affects exposed skin.  Air temp is air
temp no matter how fast it is moving. :)
> Just my 2 cents.
> Stephan Martone
> 97 Jetta GLX
> Black/Black leather, Cold weather package, 5 spd.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> Hey I am not sure if this measures wind chill?  The sensor is
located in the bottom passenger side front under the bumper in a blank
black piece in you front spoiler. Make sure it's clean and no snow on
it.
> Bryan Billings
> 97 Vento GLX
> Boston Green
> Racing Cloth
> Neuspeed Upper strut Bar
> Neuspeed P-flow
> Neuspeed Chip
> Bilstein Shocks and Struts
> Neuspeed Racing Springs
> Wife in the back Bitchin to slow down!
> Jeremy Brandow wrote:
> >
> > I've had my 98 glx for about three weeks now.  I really love how
it
> > drives, and all the power that I have at my finger tips is great.
I've
> > gotten used to all the cool little gadgets that it has.  One that
I like