Re: Reving and Dimming Lights

> Any1 notice if sitting like say a "Jack in the Box" Drive thru, and you
> sitting there, and the engine either revs a little and the lights dim then
> light right back up.. Nothing really major just something a VW Nut would
> notice.. Any concerns with this?

Does it coincide with the cooling fan turning on?  I know the old
mustang did this-  the cooling fan drains a lot of juice, so it takes a
split second for the alternator to get back up to pace, and equalize
things out.  Or maybe the voltage regulator adjusts for it-  just if it
only happens when the fan turns on, you're 100% safe.
I haven't noticed this in the GTI yet, but then, I haven't been out
driving at night much yet.

- -Dave