ECU Core replacement

I'm working on getting a Garrett chip for my '95 VR6. Since most of the 95
chips are soldered, my car would be down for 3 days(shipping the ecu back
and forth). Autotech has an ecu exchange program. They ship you an ecu with
the new chip socketed in, and you send them back your old ecu. They charge
you for a core then refund it when they receive yours. This may be cheaper
than renting a car for 3 days plus you get to play with the q-chip until
the g-chip arrives. :-)

Anyone done this? Anything to look out for?

Ron
'95 GLX VR6