How do you get rid of swirl marks!

I have a black 97 Jetta GLX and when its clean and waxed, it looks
sweet.  If you look at the finish in certain light, however, I notice
those annoying swirl marks.  Unfortunately my only detailing
experience has been washing, applying 3M swirl mark remover (doesn't
work), and waxing.  For you detailer types, what can I use to remove
the swirl marks prior to waxing?

I think a cleaner wax my do the trick but what brand?  Zymol doesn't
appear to have any solvents so I can't see it working.  3M has a
One Step Cleaner Wax that claims to remove swirl marks but so did
their Swirl Mark remover.

Suggestions please.

- ---
Jeff Newton