Re: Shifter kits

Neither of these are for the VR6 motor. You need the cable shifter box
replacement for the GLX. There are several vendors (including Neuspeed)
that sell these.

The 2 kits you mention are for the 2.0 motor. I have tried the first you
list. It work2 great and take only 15 min an a wrench to install. The 50%
reduction is scary at first - really easy to miss second gear! But when you
get use to it, there is no going back. The 30% is not real different than
stock. We installed this in a friends Jetta GT and the only problem he has
had i2 popping out of reverse occasionally.

Another trick is to cut you shifter down. I trimmed about 2 inched from
mine and installed a Momo knob and boot. The throw is better but nothing
like the short shift kit.

Dave R.
97 GLX