Re: Replacement engines

Well I'am not sure about the ABS because I can't hear it to compare it to
mine but I think you probably are just not use to it and i have no clue
about the traction control and as far as the dent goes i wouldn't take it to
the dealer they would just charge you I bunch I would go with Maaco or
someone like that and as far as the reverse goes i have notice that on my
GLX you don't have to press the gas pedal while in reverse as well...

talk to you later, Paul
red 95 GLX

P.S. glad you where kidding about the Civic engine you really had me
worried......J/K

At 02:50 PM 1/5/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes, I was kidding.   Apparently the people on this list are more
>cool-headed than those on rec.audio.audiophile, who became enraged when I
>offered to sell them a 50-megawatt amplifier powered by a 1950s-era Soviet
>nuclear reactor.
>
>Anyway,  I DO have a three week old '98 GLX, and I have the following
>questions.  Please excuse their newbie-ness:
>
>1) The few times the ABS has kicked in, it sounded and felt alarmingly like
>the brakes were grinding instead of 'pulsing'.  The one time that traction
>control activated, the same thing happened.  I've never before driven a car
>with ABS or traction control, so I may just be misinterpreting the normal
>behavior.  Does this sound right?
>
>2) Some motherfucker put a parking-lot dent in bottom of the the rear
>passenger-side door.  It's a fairly large but shallow and round dent (like
>somebody's BUMPER smacked it).  Is it better to have a dealer take care of
>minor, non-warranty repairs which have nothing to do with moving or
>electrical parts, or can I just find the closest auto-body repair shop and
>have them bang it out?  Does Maaco do this kind of work?
>
>Also, just out of curiosity:  Several times when starting to move in
>reverse, I thought I detected the gas pedal depressing by itself, like it
>does when cruise control is on.  What the hell is it doing?  Is this some
>kind of anti-stall 'feature'?
>
>Thanks,
>JL

Silent Operator       homepage URL http://www.txcc.net/~silentop
PGP fingerprint ED 99 69 66 F9 1A A8 B0  D0 03 FD 71 10 B7 5E 7D