Re: Circles on Windows

At 10:17 PM -0500 12/30/97, Bunmar wrote:

>> I notice circular marks on my rear and rear-side windows when they
>>  fog up in the morning.  It looks like suction cup marks perhaps left
>>  over from the manufacturing process (their is one circular mark per
>>  corner so maybe pablo uses suction thingys to lift the glass into
>>  place?).  Called the dealer, who played dumb, and they suggested
>>  anything that can't be removed with "Bon Ami" glass cleaner will
>>  require that the glass be replaced.
>>
>>  I tried many types of glass cleaners and even the recommended stuff.
>>  No luck.  Looks like another trip to the dealer.
>>
>>  Anyone experienced this on their cars?  Anyone had problems after
>>  glass was replaced by dealer/other?
>>
>>  Cheers,
>>
>>  ---
>>  Jeff Newton
>>  97 Jetta GLX
>
>Hey Jeff,
>
>I've got the same problem.  In all windows (I believe) except for the
>windshield.  And like your case, I have not found a solution to the problem
>(and I haven't contacted the dealer yet either).  I would definitely like to
>know the solution, but am very reluctant to allow my dealer to replace my
>windows as they probably wouldn't want to and more importantly, probably would
>SCREW SOMETHING UP in the meantime (no chances with the dealers).
>
>Chuck Marshall
>'98 GLX
>Black with Black Leather
>Bose
>Cold Weather Package
>
>COMPLETELY STOCK (except for the CLUB)

I haven't noticed anything myself, but have you ever tried "Goo gone"? It's
this citrusy stuff that completely gets rid of the gooey sticky stuff from
stickers and other adhesives. It might just work to get whatever is on your
windows.

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers