Re: Heated mirrors.

Mike Bigus wrote:

> On what year car is this?
>
> My 1996, they only get hot when the rear defroster is on.

Same goes for my 1995.5.  My mirrors were re-frosted this morning, and
I turned on the rear defroster after 15 minutes to thaw them out.

Mr. Bentley's schematic 97-242 doesn't show the power tap from
the defroster switch, but 97-215 clearly shows E15 (from rear defroster
switch) as the power feed to the mirror heater elements. (Look between
the two mirrors on the schematic.)

Just to satisfy my own morbid curiosity, I turned to 97-203 and looked
at the heated washer nozzle power source.  They are hard-wired to
the load reduction relay circuit (X), and are always hot whenever
the key is in the run position.  Mine were buried in snow the other
day, and didn't seem to melt their way out.  My guess is that the
heater either burned out or isn't really that strong.

I wouldn't put it past Bentley to have the wrong schematics, but they
agree with my observations on the mirrors.....

- -Arthur