Re: speaker quesrtion... (ATTN: Ken Weidmann)

At 07:53 AM 2/9/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Paul,
>  I am running an Eclipse head unit and changer in my 95 with the stock
>rear speakers and Boston Acoustics up front.  The front speaker pods were
>not done for a couple of weeks, so I drove the car with just the sub and
>the rear door speakers and they sound pretty good.  We also added a small
>amp to the rear speakers and a ppi to the front pods.  It sounds really
>good now, but I think that most of the distortion comes from the head
>unit.
>Ken Weidmann Jr
>GLXTASY@Juno.com
>Checkered Flag Automotive Components
>95 Black Jetta GLX M3 wannabe
>85 Show Scirocco

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Did you have the premium sound package in your car before the Eclipse head
unit because the shop I have ordered the wiring harnesses from tells me that
I will have to re-wire all of the speakers because the premium sounds
package has an amp. in it. Is this correct? and if so is there a way to get
around re-wiring all of the speaker? ( would it be the same deal as talked
about with the bose system? )

Thanx alot, Paul

Silent Operator       homepage URL http://www.txcc.net/~silentop
PGP fingerprint ED 99 69 66 F9 1A A8 B0  D0 03 FD 71 10 B7 5E 7D