Off Topic: Email (was: Zeek)

At 8:45 AM -0500 2/6/98, Adam Lindsay wrote:

>Um hate to drift from topic of GLX so I will tie it all together =}
>
>Use Outlook 98 which was built 3 years after my Jetta GLX 95' =}
>It is like Outlook 97 but has an Internet Only feature that makes it as
>quick and smoot to use as Express.
>
>-=::=---=::=---=::=---=::=---=::=---=::=---=::=---=::=---=::=-
>Adam Lindsay
>Mindex Technologies Inc.
>(716)424.3590
>adam@mindex.com

Er, um. Outlook 98 hasn't been released yet, has it?

Many people are restricted in their computing environment by the policies
of the company that they work for, thus they may be forced to use programs
or computers that they would otherwise choose not to.

Having said that, I would encourage everyone to use some sort of mail
program that can send "plain text" to this list without attachments. Does
this mean that we can't share with each other? No, not really. If we have
pictures from an event or what not, we can post them to the web and then
tell the list about them.  (Yes. I realize that not everyone has a web
site, but several people on the list have already volunteered to post
pictures for people.)

Anyway, e-mail is already being used to tie us together, let's not let it
interfere with itself. ;-)

Jeffrey J. Hoover                                  <mailto:jjh@macdude.com>
<http://www.macdude.com>     MacIS, ACA, USENIX, IFA, ASC, Green Party, BAA

     Some people _have_ to use a PC, others *get* to use a Macintosh.