Re: Squeaky Car Doors All of the Sudden -- Sounds Like a '72 Ford Pickup

Sniffner@aol.com wrote:

> Fellow Enthusiasts:
>
> I know a few of you have experienced the squeaky door/pillar situation before
> but how did you fix the problem.  My doors and pillars started squeaky 2 weeks
> ago.  I thought it was the cold weather.  It is so annoying that I'm almost
> considering selling the damn car.  It's only 2 years old.  Any
> solutions......??  Please advise.  I cannot live with this annoying noise.
>
> Thanks all,
> Mike
> '96 Black GLX

Mike,

When you refer to the door pillars as being squeaky are you referring to the hinges or
the door limit bracket?  If its the hinges try spraying teflon into the hinge.  If it's
the door limit bracket lubricate the slide with lithium grease.  If you have a Robert
Bentley manual it's detailed in the maintenance section.

Bob