Re: Konig wheels

Scott Catlin wrote:
> 40 series means 40% of the width. So 40 series on a 8 inch wheel will >be taller than a 40 series on a 7 inch wheel. Regardless of whether >it's on a 16 or a 17inch wheel a 205/40 tire will have the same >sidewall height.

That is totally obvious, I was getting at the fact that 40 series for a
16" rim is small because no matter what wheel size you run you want a
consistent overall diameter and circumference for your wheel/tire combo
otherwise you will screw up your speedometer and your gearing. I'm
thinking if you bought 18" wheels with 50 series tires(I'm assuming 205
width) that the car would be SLOW(I realize this would not fit in the
wheel well, I'm just proving my point).