VW Carpet Floormats -- worn out in less than 3 months

I bought the VW carpet front and rear floormats in September when I bought
my car.  I took them out in December when I bought the front rubber
floormats.   I'm very happy with the rubber floormats, they haven't worn at
all and they do an excellent job of keeping the Chicago snow, salt, and slop
out of the carpet.

My problem is with the carpeted driver's floor mat -- it is completely worn
through where my heels rest.  Nope, I don't wear cleats in the car :)

Has anyone else had this experience with these extremely poor quality
floormats?  Has anyone complained to the dealer?  Does anyone have any
suggestions on where I can get a pair of quality carpet floormats when
spring gets here?

Thanks much,

Eric
'97 White GLX