No Subject

If you buy a GLX, the timing belt is a chain and doesn't need
to be replaced for the life of the car.  What is the most you will pay?
I hope you go for a GLX-VR6... cuz the 6 cyl engine is smooth
as booty!  I haven't heard of many problems with rust (except
for the brake calipers)... and VW has a pretty good rust warranty.
I've seen many 94/95 GLX's with near perfect paint.  Just make
sure the used car was well taken care of and waxed often!!!!

If you find one in the near future, please have a repitable service
person check it out from inside-out.  Verify the shifter feels good
and doesn't have lots of play when in gear.  And make sure the
clutch feels good as well.  I dunno about other stuff...

Good Luck,

-Chuck Simpson...
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6