Re: 5HP Air Condition Mod

Hi
If you really want to pick up some power with an A/C mod you hook a pressure
switch in series with your A/C compressor clutch. The vacuum port connects
to the intake manifold. When the vacuum drops due to heavy engine load the
clutch is disengaged and you accelerate faster. My preferred source of
switches is the vacuum switch found on 68 thru 7? VW square backs. Some
Chrysler products I am told come from the factory this way. This cheapo mod
is very worth while in the real world. In my Scirocco I had it locked out in
5 th gear on the theory that I would shift to a lower gear if I really
wanted to hustle my buns for a 80 mph pass.