Re: Chris' bad day

At 01:54 PM 8/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Duuuuddddeeeee!!  That sucks!! But, you did the right thing and saved
>the car. When you "cut the radio out", did the dash sustain any damage
>??   I feel for you.
>
>Tell me you didn't install that stereo. That way you can go and cuss at
>however installed it, (It may make you feel better).

My dash is ok except for one spot behind one the cover to right of the
radio.  When I got home, I looked at the radio and it seems that a couple of
the wires coming out of the radio had worn through the housing and were
touching eachother.  There is black smudge on the exposed wires and on the
radio.

Maybe I can get a warranty from Blaupunkt, but I really doubt it since the
radio is a couple years old and is one of their older models (Tucson).

But hey, my car is now lighter in weight!!
        lets go take on a Mercedes E320 or E420, (neigbors cars)

Chris
'97 Black Jetta GLX
Garrett Chip, version .10