RE: FS: OEM 6 disk Changer for Bose system

Just outta curiousity, are most head units compatible with the OEM 6 disk
changer?

I may be going an aftermarket head unit and I just assumed (I hate using
that word) that "most" head units would work.

Also, isn't the factory head unit somehow connected with the alarm?  Does
swapping the head unit have any  affect the factory alarm?

TIA,
Steve
'99 Wolfsburg
|From: Gersic, John
|To: 'jettaglx@igtc.com'
|Subject: FS: OEM 6 disk Changer for Bose system
|Date: Friday, August 14, 1998 8:43AM
|
| 1 month old, barely used OEM (made by panasonic) 6 disk changer from a
|'98 Jetta (golf?) Bose system. Two disk cartridges and VW manual for it.