Club GTI enters the US

Hey,
    I just joined Club GTI and promised them I would share it with you all.
The club is being pioneered by Tom Doyle. Tom is a VW salesman out of
Congressional VW in Rockville, MD (ldagaro@aol.com).  He just attended the
Dutch Treffen that happened during early July. While there he met up with
Club GTI members and took a trip to Wolfsburg. Anyway, they nominated him as
head of Club GTI for the US. Since he's a friend of mine I told him I'd pass
the info along to the list.

    Club GTI is big in europe, and has a newletter that is more of a
magazine (about same thickness and print quality as VW Audi Car) though
obviously a club mag and not a full fledged mag like the aforementioned VW
Audi Car. It's called Rabbit (wonder where they got that name?). The cost of
membership is $45 USD and that includes an annual subscription to Rabbit, a
nice window decal, and membership card.

    This could be the club engine you guys have been looking for. It's a
good name, nice logo, well developed in europe, and totally open to what we
want to do here. Tom is going to start working on possible discounts we
could get, and if we want to work on t-shirts etc I guess that is up to us.
Many of us have been pushing for a club, and here's one ready made, we just
have to start having meets etc.

    If you would like more info email Tom at the email above. He's got some
nice flyers with application attached, and some membership packets ready to
send out.

Later-G