Re: Removing rear Jetta emblem

From: Andy Hight <ahight@osf1.gmu.edu>
To: jettaglx@igtc.COM <jettaglx@igtc.COM>
Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 2:38 PM
Subject: Removing rear Jetta emblem

>What I need to know....
>
>Can anyone suggest the best way to remove the "Jetta", "GLX", and "VR6"
>emblems off the back of the GLX without scratching the paint or ruining
>its shine.  I was thinking to replace them with the "Vento GLX" emblem
>sold from www.parts4vws...it's only $20, unless anyone know's where to
>find it cheaper.

Good idea!. Replacing them with the euro ones is kind of original, but don't
leave the car without any badges...It looks rare.

I replaced my badges with newer ones which shine again because the first
ones were too scratched and opaque. I did it by just pulling the badges with
my hands. They are fixed on the trunk by two plastic adjusters which, if
they're old, they can break. Replacing them is very easy but got to have
them to place the new one. No glue required.

- Alex Kunstmann