From: glxtasy@juno.com
To: jettaglx@igtc.COM
Subject: Re: Headlight covers
Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 11:03AM

I have the smoked fog lights from Germany and am running the Griot's on
them, No way I was going to let them get chipped and cracked at over
$300
for the pair.  I have had them for over a year and no problems
whatsoever
and I use the fogs on a regular basis.
   When I pulled off my stock fogs, it was amazing how many little rock
and pebble chips they had picked up in the couple of years on the car.
Ken Weidmann Jr
GLXTASY@Juno.com
Checkered Flag Automotive Components
95 Black Jetta GLX M3 wannabe
85 Show Scirocco

On Fri, 7 Aug 98 01:40:21 -0000 John Darwak <jpdarwak@flash.net> writes:
><snip>
>>Headlight covers for around $59.  I took a stone in one of my
>headlights
>>when I had the car only a couple of months. Ran $114 for replacement
>>headlight assembly.  If your interested in this kind of thing you may
>want
>>to check out Stone Gard. It's a 3M plastic that you stick on the
>headlight
>>or foglights. I'm thinking of going with this because I noticed just
>this
>>weekend that I took a stone in one of my foglights. Fortunately it's
>only a
>>little chip but I think I should get something to protect it from
>rocks and
>>other road debris.  Do you know anyone who is using the Stone Gard
>plastic
>>Lam?  The problem with the Lexan covers is in the winter if moisture
>gets
>>behind the cover it can freeze and defract or block the headlight.
>I'm
>>thinking maybe Stone Gard is the way to go.
><snip>
>Sorry I'm a little late in responding to this...I bought the laminate
>film cover that Griot's Garage offers. It's been on for over a year
>now.
>Works great and is essentially invisible. Put it on and forget about
>it.
>$22.95 for a 10"x16" sheet (need two).
>
>I'm using snap-on covers for the fogs (made specifically for our
>cars). I
>was concerned that the film might cause heat build-up resulting in
>cracked lenses (in fact Griot's used to offer a thinner film
>specifically
>for fogs). Anyone using film on their fogs?
>

>John Darwak
>'97 Jetta GLX Sequoia/Biber beige

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]