Re: What To Buy?

I think the reliability is about equal between all of them.  It's not like
your looking at a Honda or Toyota.  Because you chose these cars my best
advice would be to drive them all on the same day.  And I mean really drive
them.  Find a good bumpy road, a good corner, etc....   It's alot of money
to buy a new car, and when I recently bought my GLX (2 months ago) I looked
at ALOT of cars.  I was looking to spend around $16,000 so the Jetta was a
big stretch.  Problem was there wasn't any other car that performed as well
unless I could settle for a 2 seater sports car.  Honestly a Miata will
handle better but isn't as fast.  A TT RX-7 is better at everything except
practicallity.  Same goes for the 300ZX, Supra, etc....  I compaired a '93
BMW 318is and didn't like the performance at all.  (it road like a Caddy if
that's a big concern).

If I were you I buy the Jetta or the Audi (I've never driven an Audi).  But
I'd look seriously at an BMW M3 if you can afford it.  Don't forget to
check insurance.  I here they are giving breaks for the 4 door version!  :)

Hope this helps.  I'd be interested in what you decide!

Mitch

P.S. Check the resale value on the Ford.  I bet it doesn't hold it's value
like the European cars.

email: mitchman@oneworld.owt.com
web:  http://www.owt.com/users/mitchman/