Re: Clutch Problems

>????  So who's paying for it ????

The dealer is paying for the clutch repair under warrantee.

>Ok - so I have the entirely other chirping thing - what is it?  The guys
>at New Dimensions couldn't hear the noise, but I can...

Most commonly I get the chirping noise from the clutch when I am engaging
it while backing up (usually if I load the clutch heavily by not pressing
the accelerator enough). Sometimes it makes this noise while starting to
move forward too. Couldn't really tell you what causes it other than
friction in the clutch plates that vw uses.

Hope this helps.

- -jamie