Aftermarket Head Units

Message text written by INTERNET:jettaglx@igtc.COM
>so i went into my local stereo shop today to gawk
and price a few head units for my (future) black/
black leather GLX...< =

One problem with replacing the stock unit is that the hole in the
Jetta/Golf dashboard is very square. I looked everywhere about a year ago=

and could not find a head unit - at any price - that had an equally squar=
faceplate. This means that any aftermarket head unit will look like it
doesn't belong in the dashboard. (At the corners, some of the plastic/met=
al
under the dashboard will show through. Really ugly in my view). I think a=
aftermarket head unit will instantly cheapen the look of your elegant
black-leather interior by a thousand dollars so keep the factory unit for=

reinstallation when you sell. =

Another potential problem is the amplified stock FUBA radio antenna. This=

has not worked well even with the stock head units. I own two Golfs and
they both lose AM sensitivity and selectivity near power lines and lighte=
controlled intersections. The powered center terminal of the antenna may
not work well with aftermarket units.

>and oh yes, there's more i'm starting to WINDOWshop for an indash CD
player...
any suggestions?<

How about the Sony Mini-CD ?

>(former live sound engineer- my EARS will notice)<

You're one in a hundred.