UPPER CASE/lower case/whAteVer!

List members,

Can we please stop the philosophical arguments about the proper
case to use when composing/replying to messages? Let's all just
use common sense - there so many people on this group with different
backgrounds that are united by one thing: they own/want to own
an A3 Jetta GLX!

Thom, I'm sorry you're upset but the people have a point:
"Netiquette" is necessary in this kind of medium because the way
we express ourselves is limited to lines of text and there
are certain guidelines for the manner in which we express ourselves.
When you say "...DON'T READ THE MESSAGE!!!", it defeats the purpose
of your particpation in the group because I believe that we all have
something valuable to contribute, whether it be something simple
like where the best place to get dealer service for your car, to
something like "my tranny is making this unusual sound.." and
could possibly be affecting a number of owners.

USENET actually has a number of protocol "police" in each
newsgroup and they are far more ruthless in moderating their
particular groups but that's another story altogether. This group
is a casual but more focused group in that it caters to a particular
car model (as opposed to rec.automakers.vw.watercooled or something
to that effect). I like it more this way.

This is a not a "flame" directed at you, Thom, but simply my own
views on the matter which I hope that some list members agree with.

Thanks,

//VA
97 Jetta GLX