Re: Keyless Entry

Thus Spake christopher n. collier:

>hi all, chris collier here,
>
>today while i was driving, i was thinking of adding the Keyless Entry to
>my Jetta and replacing the front handles with a pair of rear handle,
>thus no key tumblers;
>
>nothing new to add to the ongoing upgrade we have all been talking
>about;
>
>what DID come to me when thinking about making my car fail-safe in
>regards to how to enter the car when/if the battery ever dies and i
>can't get into the car is this: i can't climb through my trunk b/c of my
>roll cage and my lack of back seat; what i plan to do is put an
>auxiliary solenoid switch in my trunk; so i can unlock the trunk, flip
>the switch, and voila, the doors will be unlocked; allowing me to have
>access to my car without climbing through;
>
>just thought i would pass on this tid bit of info for those of us
>getting the AKES and doing away with the key tumbler on our front doors;
>

>--
>christopher n. collier
>collier@iglou.com

Chris, not to fault your reasoning, but do you also plan on having a backup
power supply and battery for this (presumably electric) solenoid? If so,
why not have the spare battery activate your keyless entry system...

;-)

- -jjh

Jeffrey J. Hoover                                <mailto:jjh@macdude.com>
<http://www.macdude.com>                        Candy White '97 Jetta GLX
VR6oooom!                      	                       CA plate [MAN+CPU]