Re: Cold Starts / Idiling / Jetta 97 GLX *SOLVED*

Well it has been solved... It was the MAF Sensor. It was off by a little so
in the morning the cold starts would be way off and by later it would
correct it self.. So they said, they have replaced it, and have not been
able to Duplicate it since, before they could duplicate every morning...

Patrick Sherman                     psherman@bigfoot.com
'97 Tornado Red Jetta GLX VR6, Abt Pedals, Akimoto Intake, Air Bath, Vento
Badge, Bonrath P-Lifts, Smoked Euro Sides, Bumper Reflectors, Dummy Panel,
Turn Lense, Euro Switch, no DRL, Garrett Chip, Leather, Alpine AiNET
HeadUnit, Alpine AiNET 12 Disc Changer.
"One can not live on Air alone.............add Water...VW TECHNIK"

- ----------
> From: Patrick Sherman <psherman@bigfoot.com>
> To: jettaglx@igtc.com; gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com
> Date: Tuesday, October 28, 1997 9:43 PM
>
> Cold Starts
> Vehicle: 97 JETTA GLX (Late Model Production)
> Symptoms: Idle's Real Low to about Death and kicks back up.
> Symptoms: Bad Fuel Pump Relay
>

> I have been to the Dealer 3 Times in the last Month and a 1/2, trying to
> get this resolved. Here's the symptoms:
> I start it first thing in the morning, it starts easy, and rev's to about
> 1200RPM, then in 2 seconds or less falls to about 200RPM shaking, and
> sounding bad, I mean just real bad, then revs itself up to about the
> 3000RPM range, and slowly comes back down to it's idle state right around
> 800RPM.
>
> 1st Dealer Try, "Replace o2 Sensor". No Problem next morning.. 3 days
later
> same shit..
>
> 2nd Dealer Try, "Well couldn't find problem, However you have a "FUEL
PUMP