To: jettaglx@igtc.COM, gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com,
	ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Meanwhile, on a better note...
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 97 03:37:23 GMT
From: collinsk@pacbell.net (Kevin Collins)
Sender: owner-jettaglx@igtc.COM

On 10/28/97 10:30AM, in message <H000030e07b9c8bd@MHS>,
ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com wrote:

>  Now get a load of this.  One can order and they will install any
>  Neuspeed parts on your VW and still honor the VW warranties.  In their
>  showroom they have Jettas with lowering springs, in their parts
>  counter they have P-flows and P-chips, swaybars etc.  HERE is the
>  clencher, I asked if they extend this to Cam shafts and they said YES.
>  They will install VR6 cams and still honor the VW 10/100000 warranty.

Timmons down here in Long Beach is the same way.. and also does mail order, as
most of us know.

>  Something to think about.  All VW dealers are NOT created equally.  It
>  also doesn't hurt that New Dimensions is 5 min away.

Now THAT'S what we all need - to be 5 minutes from ND!  There is no substitute for
having guys work on your car who A) know what they are doing; B) actually DRIVE what
they repair/upgrade for a living; and C) are there because they actually enjoy being
there - not because they are some knuckle-buster dealer mechanic who'd rather be
elsewhere!  Add to that a boss/owner who runs the biz properly and you've got a recipe
for happy customers.  I made an 800 mile round trip to do biz with them, and if I have my
car long enough will do it again.

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@pacbell.net