Re:

> Since the VW uses a non-clearcoat for the T-RED. Is is possible to have
> clear put over it? What would it consist of having a shop wet sand and
> repair any chips then apply the clear? If so anyone know the going rate for
> Clear Coat? The shit chips like crazy, and would be better with clear I
> assume....

Yep.  I finally figured out my wifes Cabbie, also Tornado Red.
Apparently it was in an accident sometime in its previous life and
everything forward of the doors has been repainted and clearcoated.
Fortunately the job was done well enough that it took me quite a long
time to figure it out.  If you wax/polish the trunk, rag turns red.  Do
the same to the front rag stays white.  I cannot visually tell the
difference between the two, so that's cool.  I'm going to do a personal
comparison between the two and see what happens.  I don't think it would
be worth having the car clearcoated if the paint looks good.

Eric
95 GTI VR6