Chip info from newsgroup

I found the following interesting comment posted as a newsgroup reply to
someone who had put in an Autotech chip and had problems.  First the
oringinal post:

<Subject: VR6 Computer Chip
<From: vr6rage@aol.com (VR6RAGE)
<Date: Fri, Oct 24, 1997 01:10 EDT
<
<I have a 96 GTI and i put in the Autotech Q-CHIP (which i like MUCH better
than
< the Neuspeed Pchip) anyways, i keep getting the check engine light and
< evertime i get it checked out it says that there was Excessive Knocking on
all
< SIX cylinders. Does anyone else have this problem with the Autotech Chip?
<VR6RAGE@aol.com
<thanks,
<Mike

Now.. the response: