DC VW Club Meetings

Hi All,
	I just got this info from the National Capital VW Club. Any DC area
listers should check it out. Later-G

The next meeting is set for October 27 at the Davis Library at around 7:30.
 George Dold
(REALLY FAST Talon and really fast Scirocco) will make a presentation on a
new epoxy which he has used in his work (as an engineer and designer of
medical equipment at NIH) as well as on cars.

The club is talking about a road trip (maybe into Pennyslvania) on Oct. 25.

Also, there is a big car show this weekend in Rockville.  While the show
isn't speciifically VWs or performance cars, it is a fun event.  I go to it
every year and have had a good time.  If it rains, however, the event is
usually cancelled.

On Sunday, November 2 our club and the Saab club will be holding an
autocross at NOVA in Manassas.

We are planning a Dyno Day in Manassas for Nov. 15.  There will be a cost
(probably $50 per car) and we will need firm commitments from at least 10
15 people to proceed but it will be a great chance to get a fairly
objective
reading on horsepower and torque curves for individual cars.

And the last thing I know of on the club's calendar is a meeting in
November
(24th, I believe) with Art LeBraun.  He is a contract tech trainer for
VWUSA
(he used to be on their payroll at the now-closed Lanham divisional
office).
He knows everything there is to know about the cars!