Re: Help on pulling out my trunk lock

At 01:02 PM 10/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I've had all of the below problems, and they happened and were fixed
>before the car ran out of warranty ;).  However, my trunk won't open
>with the key.  The power release in the pseudo glove hole between the
>two fron t seats is the only way to open the trunk.  I've already tried
>loosening the mechanism with some graphite to no avail.  I'm assuming
>my next move is to take the lock cylender out and then apart.  Has
>anyone done this....if so any hints???
>
>Thanks,
>Pat
 Pat, We have had problems with the rear locks. If you remove the lock
cylinder from the trunk lid and remove the tumblers you will find a small
spring and a very tiny ball. What happens is the tiny ball falls out and
causes the tumbler to jam. Everyone I have fixed the car has been under
warranty and the lock was replaced. I discovered the problem when swapping
tumblers from the old into the new.

Don